The market at which this type of products is aimed is very
diverse and is mainly made up of a number of niche markets.
Small components manufactured with this technology are currently
used in a wide range of applications:
- electric household appliances: gears, levers and small mechanical
- office equipment: mechanical and magnetic components for
CD-ROM drives, printers, typewriters, photocopiers, etc.
- leisure equipment: mechanical components for gardening tools
and sporting equipment;
- motor vehicles: small mechanical parts for window lifting
devices, steering locks, etc.
- biomedical equipment: surgical instruments, equipment for
invasive tests, medical equipment components, components for
dental applications and implants
- custom jewellery and gift items: watchcases, bracelets,
components for glasses
- defence and firearms supplies: precision mechanical components
- electromagnetic applications: components for magnetic circuits
- electronics: cases and heatsinks for microchips